May 2021 Grants now being accepted
Apply for a grantDo you have an idea that will enrich the learning experiences of your students as they return to school in the fall? Do you have an idea that will foster creativity and innovation in your students? Do you have an idea that will help students transition back to school during/after the pandemic?
The Brunswick Community Education Foundation wants to support your innovative ideas!
DEADLINE: June 1, 2021
BCEF’s funding categories
- Classroom-Based Grants: Projects that complement, enrich, or expand upon the curriculum in a specific teacher’s classroom.
- School Grants: Projects that enhance educational opportunities and foster collaboration within a grade level, between grade levels, within a subject area or department, or throughout the school.
- System-Wide Grants: Projects that have similar goals to the ones outlined above, but that have an educational impact on more than one school.
- Professional Development Grants: Awarded to individual teachers or small groups of teachers to attend workshops or meetings only if there is a direct link from the workshops/meetings to enabling the launch or expansion of a program or project tied to a curricular goal.
We are seeking proposals that will meet criteria such as:
- Focusing on equitably and innovatively meeting the academic, social emotional and/or behavioral needs of Brunswick students.
- Reflecting creative instructional approaches aligned with the Maine Learning Results.
- Piloting interdisciplinary projects that can become larger-scale and self-sustaining.
- Meeting a unique or emerging need within a school or in the district.
- Building community, bolstering academic achievement, and creating opportunities that may not fit into the traditional day or classroom but demonstrate student growth.
Next Steps / How to Apply
- Review the Information for Grant Seekers. We hope that many of your questions will be answered in this document.
- Review the Grant Application Scoring Rubric for information about the criteria used to score grants
- Apply online at: https://app.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarship/bcefgrant2021.
- Deadline for submission of applications is June 1, 2021.
- Questions about the process? Contact Tracy Whitlock at email@example.com