The grant application window will open in November 2018. To learn about how to apply and the type of projects we fund, please continue reading.
What does the BCEF fund?
BCEF will fund initiatives that are innovative, creative and can help students reach their full potential. This could include projects, items, or programs that augment the curriculum, explore new and imaginative ideas and teaching practices, provide summer educational opportunities, or directly impact a significant number of students and teachers. We are pleased to announce the publication of our “Applying for a BCEF grant: Information for Grant Seekers“. This document is the primary source for grant-seekers, and please do not hesitate to contact a BCEF board member with questions or comments. In our first grant cycle, we were pleased to fund the projects listed here.
Examples of initiatives BCEF is hoping to support:
- Summer or after school robotics programs, or similar STEM related activities.
- Speakers or materials that promote a positive school climate.
- Programs related to arts, culture, music, theater or dance.
- Interdisciplinary ideas that can serve as pilots for larger-scale initiatives.
- Proposals that speak to a unique or emerging need within a school or that targets a need within a smaller community in a school.
- Professional development activities that are scalable, are easily shared with others, and that will have an immediate impact on teachers and students.
1. Project Description: Provide a description and rationale of the project including goals and objectives, student and teacher outcomes, specific activities, and a detailed timeline. Travel requests must include an explanation of pre-and post-activities and a clear connection to the project’s overall, student-centered goals.
2. Budget: Provide a detailed budget listing all expenses this grant request would cover. If seeking resources in addition to those from BCEF, please indicate other potential funders and the amount you received or are requesting from other sources.
3. Evaluation: Describe how you will measure impact. Each recipient will complete an evaluation within one month of completing the project. This evaluation will include a summary of the details of the grant activity and the level of success achieved. If this proposal is intended to be an ongoing project, please include a vision for funding this project beyond BCEF’s support.
4. Optional: Include any vital information about the project not captured elsewhere in your application.
How do I apply for a grant?
The grant application window will open in November 2018.
Examples of funded proposals (Please note these have been shortened to include helpful information, but do NOT include all required information you will need to include in your application):
- 2015 BJHS Aquaponics Project (Word Document)